Dave Ramsey Tax Prep Tips & Special Tax Prep Pricing for Dave Fans!

You should start receiving most of the information necessary to complete
your income taxes for 2010.

Below is a checklist of paperwork to compile as you prepare or have your
taxes filed this year.

Once you are ready, call my office at 877-587-3223 ext #1 to schedule an appointment. 

I am running a special fee of ONLY $75 for Dave Ramsey fans.  If you have a rental
property or run your own business it is only $50 more. Make sure you mention this email when you book your appointment to get the Dave Ramsey special pricing!


Wages: You have received a W2 from each of your employers with very specific
information for the income section of your tax return. This is the most
common form of income for most people who were employed a majority of 2009.

Interest income: Any income you had from accounts that paid interest to you
in 2009 would be sent to you on form 1099-INT. An example would include a
savings account.

Dividend income: Investments that paid dividends are considered income as
well. Form 1099-DIV displays the amount you received from dividends within
taxable investment accounts. This would not include IRAs.

Capital gains or losses: If you bought or sold investments in 2010, the
possibility of capital gains or losses exists. Form 1099-B shows the amount
of tax burden you will incur.

Retirement plan or IRA withdrawals: Taking distributions from retirement
plans initiates the need for form 1099-R. Withdrawals from IRAs and other
retirement accounts are treated just like ordinary income. The exception
would be Roth IRA distributions, which are tax-free.

Social Security: Income from the Social Security Administration is listed on

Rental income: Rental properties that you own provide an income stream that
is taxable. Make sure you also account for your deductions such as receipts
for expenditures and any 1098s you get for mortgage interest or real estate

Business income and pass-through profits and losses: If you are a business
owner, you need to determine how to account for your income. This can be
different based on the structure of your organization (single member LLC vs.
multiple member LLC, S-Corporation, etc.). You may receive a K1 reporting
your share of your company's profit or loss. Complex tax issues such as
these often require the expertise of a tax professional.


Medical expenses: You should keep all receipts for qualified medical

Personal property taxes: Compile your county property tax statements for
auto, boat and motorcycle registration.

Real estate taxes: If you have a mortgage, your real estate taxes are
typically paid from your escrow account. Form 1098 lists the amount you paid
for 2010.

Charitable contributions: Keep bank records or written communication from
the organization to which the donation was made. For non-cash contributions,
you must be able to display written communication from the donor showing the
specifics of the donation.

Miscellaneous expenses: There are so many to list, but a few include tax
preparation fees and safety deposit box fees.


Dependent care credit: It is very important to document and retain records
for all childcare costs.

Tuition and fees credit: This credit is available for the taxpayer, spouse
or dependents and is found on tax form 1098-T.

Energy tax credit: Several energy saving measures can have the additional
benefit of tax savings. Save your receipts for qualified energy-efficient
appliances, doors, windows, insulation, etc.


Courtesy of www.DaveRamsey.com



Tags: , ,

Leave a Comment