Yes, it is almost tax time again! Here are some simple things that you can do to make tax time a much easier process for you and your family. Do not forget to give me a call (877-587-3223) in January 2012 to get your tax prep appointment scheduled. Remember, we do not make you wait in line, we take individual appointments for specific times to get you in and out a fast a possible.
I am often asked in November and December, "What can I do to make sure I have all of the necessary documents for my tax preparer?"
Here are my top 5 answers:
1. Get a folder and label it Taxes 2011. Everything that comes in the mail related to your 2011 tax return goes in the folder. Even if you are not sure if the item relates to your tax return, put it in the folder and let you tax preparer sort through it. When I am preparing taxes one of the most frustrating things (for me and my client) is when we are missing an item and cannot complete the tax return until the item is submitted.
2. Get your charitable giving in order (church contribution statements, Goodwill/Salvation Army receipts, and any out of pocket giving). This will help cut down on time when you and your tax preparer are going over your tax return.
3. Review your tax return from last year and make sure you have all the documents that you had last year.
4. Get your tax return appointment scheduled early this year. We have all felt the economic slow down over the last year, and I believe there might be more of a rush this year for people to get their taxes prepared (to get a refund faster).
5. If you are not sure about a Federal or State tax rebate or tax reduction program, give us a call (877-587-3223) or call the IRS or your state's taxing authority. Having all of your documentation and receipts in order will help make for a smooth process.
Overall, if you are organized and follow the tips above, getting your tax return prepared should not be a process to cause you any concern.
Tax Preparation Services Starting January 9th, 2012
We have been preparing tax returns for our financial counseling/coaching clients for many years. We prepare 1040's (individuals), 1120's (corporations), 1120S's (Sub-S corporations), and 1065's (partnerships). Our goal is to provide quality tax prep at the lowest cost possible for our clients. We guarantee that we will beat any tax prep fees by at least 10% and provide you with better customer service than any of our competitors! We will begin preparing tax returns starting Monday January 9th, 2011. Appointments can be scheduled starting January 2nd, 2011 by calling 877-58-PEACE (73223) ext. #1.
We have appointments available Monday – Saturday from 9am – 9pm.
Give us a call today to schedule your appointment.