RKL Financial, Inc.
We (Ryan & Kristyn Loos) started working with Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace (FP) in the spring of 2006 by teaching it at our church. While that first FP class only had 6 people in attendance, it was the beginning of our journey with Financial Peace. We did not have much debt when we started our FP journey. I was an accountant and was raised to understand what it meant not to have debt. I can clearly remember at fourteen, my Dad and Mom having the discussion about what to do with a large check that had come in from an investment. Dad wanted to do a bigger better deal but Mom convinced him to pay off the mortgage. I will never forget the day that Dad told us that the house was paid for. Fast forward to the Spring of 2006, Kristyn and I felt God Moving us to work with more people through the FP program. We began holding FP’s at our church twice a year. The next big step happened when we felt that Dave Ramsey’s Counselor Training was needed to better help people. After I finished Counselor Training in March of 2008, we formed RKL Financial. We began counseling part-time (I was still working at a Bank as an Auditor). I counseled and taught FP’s at night (after my full-time job) and on Saturday’s. From March of 2008 God has continually blessed our efforts and our business has grown. I believe that our focus on helping people find HOPE and depending on God to worry about the finances for our family and for our business has made all of the difference in our growth. I always will tell you that this takes a lot of work, but it can and will be some of the most rewarding work that you can ever do! We have sacrificed a ton of time and resources to create and maintain RKL Financial, Inc. We have done this with the goal of helping people and by continuing to expand our market to help even more people!
RKL Financial, Inc – Company Highlights:
- Spring 2006– First Financial Peace Class – 6 in attendance.
- March 2008– Attended Dave Ramsey’s Counselor Training.
- March 2008– Formed RKL Financial – Launched website www.RKLFinancial.com.
- June 2008– Began advertising during the Dave Ramsey show on WDCX 99.5 FM.
- Fall 2008– Opened our first office (William Street Lancaster, NY).
- December 2008– Moved office from William Street to Walden Ave (Lancaster, NY).
- Spring 2009– Coordinate two FP’s outside of our own church.
- April 2009– Organized and Ran – Town Hall for Hope – 750 in attendance.
- July 2009– Ryan goes fulltime (thanks to a contract with Lampo for Nucor Steel).
- August 2009– Kingdom Bound – 3 days of speaking on Financial Peace – 450 total attendance.
- September 2009– We hire our first part-time counselor for Ontario.
- September 2009– We open our Burlington, ON office.
- October 2009– Website launch of www.prosperwithmoney.com.
- December 2009– Added Accounting, Bookkeeping, Business Coaching and Tax Prep to our product line.
- December 2009– Ryan secures a contract with the New York State Employee Assistance Program to teach Personal Finance Seminars to all NYS employees in Upstate NY.
- January – April 2010- First official tax season with 100+ clients.
- August 2010– WDCX asked us back to Kingdom Bound – 400 total attendance.
- August 2010– Redesign of our website www.RKLFinancial.com.
- November 2010– We hire our second part-time counselor for Ontario.
- November 2010– After two + years New York finally approves our Incorporation status – RKL Financial, Inc. is officially formed.
- December 2010– We have taught over 22 FPU’s since 2006 putting over 1,500 people through the FPU program.
- December 2010– Since the Spring of 2006 RKL Financial has counseled over 450 individuals or couples.
- January 2011– We close our Burlington, ON office to open our Mississauga, ON office.
- January 2011 – We hire two part-time counselors to help serve WNY.
- February 2011 – Launch of the Wi$se Up & Prosper Radio Show on WDCX 99.5 FM (Buffalo, NY and Toronto, Ontario).
- April 2011 – God blesses our tax season by doubling the number of our tax clients from 2010.
- July 2011 – Wise Up with Ryan Loos has its six month anniversary.
- August 2011 – Kingdom Bound (3rd year) best attendance yet at over 500 people.
- Fall 2011 – Free Financial Peace Seminars – WNY attendance of over 175 people.
- December 2011 – Wise with Ryan Loos (radio program) moves to 9am on Saturdays and expands to a second station (990 AM Rochester & Syracuse).
- February 2012 – With Up with Ryan Loos goes from 1 hour to 2 hours every Saturday Morning and celebrates its one year anniversary.
- April 2013 – We have are best tax season ever! Thank you for your support!
- August 2013 – Wise Up with Ryan Loos – Our radio program goes off the air after 2.5 years.
- December 2013 – RKL Financial has it's best year ever! Thank you again to all of our clients!